Maybe Tokyo
Our most recent experiment in cooking, was only moderately successful. We made wontons (most chinese restaurants I've been too would have called them pot stickers, but my recipe book called them wontons, therefore, they are wontons).
A cooking tip to anyone who decides to make them, if you need to refrigerate your wontons for later frying/steaming, do NOT stack them on top of each other. The dough tends to bind itself back together. (particularly true when you've made your own dough)
Needless to say, I currently have more than a few wontons that had to be fried as a duo or trio. And I have more than a few wontons where it's painfully obvious that I have very little to hold my wonton together.
Perhaps I should ask for a trip to toyko to celebrate the pending closing of my house, and learn other tricks to asian cooking?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home